Sunday, January 4, 2015

THE UNITY OF THE BODY - By A. A. Sandoz


Scripture Reading: Romans 12:5; Ephesians 4:4

David in the Psalms wrote concerning his physical body that he was, "fearfully and wonderfully made." The human body is a marvel when we think of how the brain being the control center controls all body functions. I could not move my arm unless the brain (the instrument of spirit or mind) first signaled the arm to move through the muscles and system of nerves. I am totally dependent upon the brain. The brain is probably the last unexplored frontier of medical science. The average brain weighs about three pounds and contains twelve billion cells. One scientist has stated, "The human brain is the most complex arrangement of matter in the universe."

The members of the human body bring before us another amazement, that each member is dependent upon other members. My fingers cannot function apart from my hand, likewise my hand cannot function apart from the muscles and tendons in my arm. If I close the fingers of my right hand in a door my left hand is quick to the rescue to free my injured hand. My left hand is ready to comfort my injured hand by holding it until the pain is relieved. Other parts of my body are affected as well, I may feel weak in the legs or experience pain in my arm, this being because the body is one.

Remembering what we have said about the human body, as we turn to the Scriptures, Paul refers to the Church, the Body of Christ. This one body (Eph. 4:4) being a living organism is made up of believers which constitute the members. The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body or control center and all members must look to Him for wisdom, knowledge, guidance and counsel through the Pauline Revelation (Col. 2:3). The Apostle declares, "We are members one of another" (Rom. 4:5). When one of the members of the Body loses a loved one and is sorrowing we all sorrow and would seek to comfort. When one is newly saved and rejoicing in the Lord we as members rejoice as well. There is a mutual dependence upon one another which constitutes the, "Unity of the Body."

 How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


Posted By Cecil  and Connie Spivey 

    Share this Bible Message with your  friends












    























No comments:

Post a Comment