Tuesday, November 6, 2018

God: A Just Judge -- by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam



God: A Just Judge
by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

How just are the judgments of God! In Romans 2:16 St. Paul says: “God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.” Notice carefully what this involves:
1. He will judge “the secrets of men.” In human courts there are often miscarriages of justice because all the facts are not brought to light. But at the “Great White Throne” there will be a Judge with “eyes… as a flame of fire” (Revelation 19:12), before whom no secret can remain hidden. (See also Hebrews. 4:13).

2. He will judge the secrets of men “by Jesus Christ.” Not the Father, but the Son will preside at the judgment of the unsaved. John 5:22 declares that “the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son” and Verse 27 adds that the Father has given the Son this authority “because He is the Son of man.” This insures just judgment, for, men will be judged in that day by the One who loved them enough to become a man that He mighunderstand and help men, and even die for their sins.

3. He will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ “according to my gospel,” says Paul. How eminently fair and just this is. If He judged men according to the law of Moses no one ever would be saved, for all of us have broken the Law. Moreover the children of fallen Adam, because of their depraved nature, cannot consistently keep the Law. Thus they will not be judged on the basis of that which they were unable to live up to. This is why He will judge men according to the good news proclaimed by Paul, which is the great truth that salvation is denied to no one who takes God at His Word and approaches Him in His way. His way for today? “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.”

“To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Romans  4:5).



Truths We Have in Christ

I am Redeemed ( Galatians 4:5 )
I am complete in Him (Colossians 2:10)
I am a New Creature ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 )
I am called to be a Saint ( Romans 1:7 )
I am accepted in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6)
I am more than a conqueror ( Romans 8:37 )
I am an Ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20 )
I am justified freely by His Grace ( Romans 3:24 )
I am looking for that blessed Hope ( Titus 2:13 )
I am the Temple of the Living God ( 2 Corinthians 6:16 )
I have redemption through His blood ( Ephesians 1:7 )
I am free from the law of sin and death ( Romans 8:2 )
I am a son and heir of God through Christ ( Galatians 4:7 )
I know the body is not one member but many (1 Corinthians 12:14)
I am not my own, for I am bought with a price (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
I am manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ( 2 Corinthians 3:3 )
I am not far but now made nigh by the blood of Christ
( Ephesians 2:13 )
I am sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30 )
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me
( Philippians 4:13 )
I am risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God
( Colossians 2:12 )
I am to endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ
( 2 Timothy 2:3 )
I am to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery
( Ephesians 3:9 )
I am presented holy, unblameable and unreproveable in His sight (Colossians 1:22)
I have redemption through His blood, and the forgiveness of sins ( Ephesians 1:7 )
I am blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3)
I am always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:10)
I am washed, sanctified and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus ( 1 Corinthians 6:11 )
I am to wait for Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. ( 1 Thessalonians 1:10 )
I am confident that He which hath begun a good work in me will perform it ( Philippians 1:6
I am saved by grace through faith and not of works lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me ( Galatians 2:20 )
I know this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)
I faint not, though my outward man perish, my Inner Man is renewed day by day ( 2 Corinthians 4:16 )
I am a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15)
I am looking for the glorious appearing of the Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ (Titus 2:13)
I know God hath raised us up and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:6)
I am persuaded that nothing shall separate us from the love of God which is in Christ ( Romans 8:38-39 )
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
And Ye Are Complete in Him (Colossians 2:10)


King James Bible
The Preserved and Living Word of God



Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.spivey

 

E-mail this BIBLE STUDY to all your friends 







No comments:

Post a Comment