Thursday, October 31, 2013

PAUL’S AUTOBIOGRAPHY! - J. C. O’Hair



In this lesson we simply quote some Scriptures which give us a short autobiography of the apostle Paul.

“I am verily a man, a Jew born in Tarsus, of Cicily, brought up in this city (Jerusalem), at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the perfect manner of the law (Acts 22:3). After the most straitist sect of our religion, I lived a Pharisee” (Acts 26:5) “I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth (Acts 26:9). And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.” (Acts 22:4). “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, Who hath enabled me, for that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.” (I Timothy 1:12 and 13). “To reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him (Christ) among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood. Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me.” (Galatians 1:16 and 17). “And last of all He was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time”. (I Corinthians 15:8). “But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.”. (Philippians 3:7). “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:21).

“And He said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.” (Acts 22:21). “Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.” (II Timothy 1:11). “For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office.” (Romans 11:13). “For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, . . . “ “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ.” (Ephesians 3:1 and 8).

“According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth together thereupon.” (I Corinthians 3:10) “ . . . For they who seemed to be somewhat, in conference, added nothing to me.” (Galatians 2:6). “But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 1:11 and 12) “For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.” (I Corinthians 1:17). “Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His Body’s sake, which is the Church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the Word of God.” (Colossians 1:24 to 26).

“But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.” (Acts 20:24). “But by the grace of God I am what I am; and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (I Corinthians 15:10). “ I am made all things to all, that I might, by all means save some.” (I Corinthians 9:20 to 25). “For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” (II Timothy 4:6 and 7).

Grace Bible Church  (Click Here)



 How God Saves Men

Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.

Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.

Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4




(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil  and Connie Spivey

    Share this Bible Message with your  friends












No comments:

Post a Comment