Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Salvation and the Cross - by Bob Thompson



 Salvation and the Cross 
  By The Late  Bob Thompson


God loves us, unconditionally, and that love was expressed in the person of the Lord Jesus christ, but may I say, that having the  Knowledge of God and His ways is not enough to merit salvation.  We are not saved from sin by having the knowledge that god loves us.  

The gospel (the good news) of salvation that delivers us from the guilt and penalty of sin and gives us eternal life now and forever (once we accept it from our hearts) is that Christ died for all our sins, all of them, past, present and future, was buried three days in the tomb, and came forth from the grave victorious of death, hell and the grave. 

So it is no longer a sin question but a question of what have we done with the One who paid for our sins.

He who was holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from sin, went to the cross in our place and stead and became sin for us, (as 2 Corinthians 5:21 tells us).  On the cross He who was very man and very God, received in his own sinless, perfect body the deadly consequences of sin, and there on the cross paid for all our sins.

Now all that God requires of us is that we accept that finished work on Calvary's cross for ourselves and call on His name, inviting Him to come into our lives and live out His life through us. (Romans 10:13)

When we do that, we instantly pass from death unto life (John 5:24), we become new creatures in Christ, (as we're told in 2 Corinthians  5:17). 

Once we are saved, once we have called on the Name of the Lord and received for ourselves His finished work on the cross, we are cleaned of all sin, we're instantly given eternal life and we pass from death unto life.  Then, because we are saved, we now begin to reach out to others encouraging them to also receive Christ as their personal Saviour. 

Listen to Romans 6:23, "The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord..  You will doubtless receive a number of gifts on the 25th of this month.  You will not work for any of those gifts simply because they are gifts.  You can't work for a gift or it ceases to be a gift.  All you can do is either recive it and be grateful or give it back to the one giving it.

So, remember Romans 6:23,  "The wages of sin is death, but the GIFT OF GOD is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."  I hope the time will come soon, when you will, with grateful heart, receive Christ as Saviour and Lord and know the joy of eternal life and sins forgiven.


His Plan For Me 

When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ
And His plan I begin to see,
The plan of my life as it might have been
Had He had His way with me. 



I see how I blocked Him here and there,
And I would not yield my will.
Will there be grief in my Savior's eyes-
Grief though He loves me still? 


He would have me rich, and I stand there poor,
Stripped of all but His grace,
While memory runs like a hunted thing
Down paths that I cannot retrace. 


Then my desolate heart will well nigh break
With tears I cannot shed;
I shall cover my face with my empty hands;
I shall bow my uncrowned head,


Lord, of the years that are left to me,
I give them to Thy hand.
Take me and break me, and mold me to fit
The pattern that Thou hast planned. 


-Author Unknown



King James Bible

The Preserved and Living Word of God





(A 10 Mnute Video)

 
Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.spivy

 



E-mail this BIBLE UDY to all your friends





No comments:

Post a Comment