Friday, February 14, 2014

Do I Know Him - By Anabel Gillham




My determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him . . . . Philippians 3:10 AMP

Campbell McAlpine makes these observations:

"You cannot love someone you do not know."

"It is imperative to establish beyond all doubt that the supreme focus of our thought and study (and action)-the deepest desire of our hearts, is a personal knowledge of a personal God."

Knowledge cannot be my goal; knowledge makes one arrogant (I Cor. 8:1), puffed up, and offensive. The purpose of my dedication must be singular: To know Jesus Christ and God, His Father.

Humanly speaking, how does a person come to know someone? By spending time with that person, confiding in him, allowing him to see you in all situations-confident of his acceptance of you. And, the closer and longer you live together, the better you will know each other. As you listen compassionately, understanding as best you can, trying to help that person observe logically, deny guilt, comprehend the facts of the matter, just spending time with that person, the closer you will become in your relationship.

Of course, God knows me completely, but He always has time to sit down and listen to me--with understanding and compassion; He won't preach at me; He won't have ten answers ready to blurt out before I even finish talking, He will just listen. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Do you have anyone like that in your life? I doubt that you do. Listening has almost become a lost art. In a survey of hundreds of married women, this is the #1 need in their lives: "Husband, listen to me." And, as the wife gives that same attention to her husband, his need for praise, edification, and authority will be met. And, as we listen, we come to know each other, our innermost thoughts, our dreams, our hurts, our desires, our standards.

How do I listen to God? How do I come to know Him?

Reflection:
Lord, I long to know You better. I realize that this deep desire will be fulfilled as I spend time with just You. That doesn't mean having my Bible open in front of me at all times. It means being together, talking, laughing, crying, observing, walking leisurely holding hands. I don't want to read my Bible to meet the goal of "reading through the Bible this year;" I don't want to spend hours to impress others with my Bible knowledge; I don't want to have a disciplined time of study so I can check it off as an accomplished goal. No. I want to spend time with You because I want to know You and all Your intricacies. You have very painstakingly told me all about Yourself in Your Word, having others record Your innermost thoughts and Your visions. I read what they have recorded and then You and I talk about it-sitting out in the swing, working on the lawn, washing the dishes. We simply talk. We spend time together. You know me. I want to know You. I love you, Lord.




"THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!" 

Click here: YouTube - On My Father's Side by The Barn Again Gang


How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4

(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil  and Connie Spivey 

    Share this Bible Message with your  friends






  





 












No comments:

Post a Comment