Saturday, February 15, 2014

What I Know By Pastor J. C. O'Hair



In these Scriptures we have five verses with the two words “I know.”
It is so blessed for the Christian to know spiritually and Scripturally that he is saved for time and eternity and to “be ready to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.” I Peter 3:15.
The very first thing that any person should know, if that person desires to be saved and go to heaven, is to know the truth of Romans 8:8, “they that are in the flesh cannot please God;” and that means to know the truth of Romans 7:18, “for I know that in me, (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing.”
You will perhaps never know the second thing until you know this first thing, that because of a spiritual disease, known as inherited, indwelling sin (Psalm 51:5 - Romans 7:19 and 20) no one “in Adam,” by the deeds of the law, can please God.
The healing of the man born blind, in John 9:1 to 26, gives us our second - “I know.” He was blind from his mother’s womb. So by natural birth man is spiritually blind and cannot see the kingdom of God. A supernatural birth is necessary (John 3:3 - I Corinthians 2:14).
Christ told that man to wash in the pool of Siloam (Sent). He washed and saw. (John 9:1 to 8).
In John’s Gospel, in which grace came by Jesus Christ (John 1:17), John the Baptist said, “Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
The Lamb of God is called “the One SENT” many times in John’s Gospel. The only cure for the blindness of indwelling sin and by Satan (II Corinthians 4:3 and 4) is to be washed by the precious blood of Christ (I Peter 1:18; Revelation 1:5).
Then we may not be profound, intelligent students of the Bible or very wise in the wisdom of this world; but with the blind man we can say “one thing I know, that whereas I was blind, now I see.” (John 9:25).
Then for eternal security we accept John 6:38 to 41 - John 10:28 to 30 and we believe Ecclesiastes 3:14: “For I (Christ) came down from heaven, not to do Mine own will, but the will of Him that sent Me. And this is the Father’s will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again on the last day. And this is the will of Him that sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand. My Father, Which gave them Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are One.” Now Ecclesiastes 3:14 - “I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it; nor anything taken from it - God doeth it.”
Then we can say with Job, “I know that my Redeemer liveth and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.” Job 19:25
After this hope was revealed to Job the Lord revealed to us the “we know” of II Corinthians 5:1 to 8 and I John 3:2, concerning our house from heaven and the blessed mystery of our change in the twinkling of an eye. (I Corinthians 15:51).
The last “I know” of II Timothy 1:12 has a two-fold meaning, “I know Whom I have believed.” I am persuaded as to His ability.
But the word “paratheke,” meaning “deposit,” is used in II Timothy 1:12. So it can be translated “my deposit.” “Good thing” in II Timothy 1:14 is “good deposit.” Christ deposited much with Paul. Paul and you and I have deposited much with Christ.




How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4

(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil  and Connie Spivey 

    Share this Bible Message with your  friends






  






No comments:

Post a Comment