Saturday, May 3, 2014

Resting in God's Promises - by Anabel Gillham




God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Though the earth should change,
And though the mountains slip into
the heart of the sea;
Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its
swelling pride. Selah.
Psalm 46:1-3

What does this mean to me--today?
How can I grasp it and say "this is mine?"
Step by step--let’s claim it together.
God is my place of safety, my fortress, my hiding place, my shelter. Therefore, I am safe.


I accept this Truth as mine.

He is the Source of my power, my Enabler, my ability to perform and my ability to persevere. He is my tenacity, my strength. My very Life. I am not to meet any crisis in my own strength.


I accept this Truth as mine.

He is a very present help. He is here. And He isn't so involved with gigantic world problems that He doesn’t have time for mine. He is interested. He is never away from me, especially when I am in need, hurting, weary, perplexed, or in a troublesome setting of any kind. I am never by myself. He is always with me and He understands.


I accept this Truth as mine.

Now, because I have accepted this as Truth, because I believe this, I will not fear. Fear only for myself? No, I will not fear for those who are dear to me, either. So I will not allow anything that might result in my experiencing apprehension, anxiety, or confusion to cause me alarm—because I can depend on Him.


I accept this Truth as mine.

Even if the earth around me (my environment) should be thrown into a state of upheaval, and even if the very mountains quake (those things I presumed to be unshakable), and even if the sea around me (the world and its multitudes) should become hostile and fierce and cause violent unrest, I will not fear.

I WILL NOT FEAR. This does not mean that my emotions won’t go haywire, that my knees will never get weak, that my heart will never beat like a trip-hammer, or that my hands will never tremble. I cannot control my emotions or the effect they have on my body. I control my thoughts and rest in His promises.


I accept this Truth as mine.

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.
Psalm 94:19


How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.

Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
Share this Bible Message with your  friends













 




­­­­



No comments:

Post a Comment