Thursday, January 14, 2016

THE EXISTENCE OF GOD - By Robert E. Hanna



THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
Robert E. Hanna



Scripture - Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that  cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is arewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).  The eternal being of God is the fundamental factor in theprocess of establishing fellowship between the Creator and His  creation. Before we can believe God, we must believe that Heexists. Further, we must recognize Him for what He is. Moses  inquired of God: "Behold, when I come unto the children ofIsrael, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath  sent me unto you, and they shall say to me, What is His name?

what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM  THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto thechildren ofIsrael, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Exodus 3:13, 14).

Speaking in His earthly incarnation, God affirmed to doubting Jews, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am" (John 8:S8). In Psalm 90, verse two we read, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou hadst  formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, Thou art God."

The Westminster Catechism offers this definition of God: "God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable, in His  being, wisdom, power, holiness ,justice, goodness and truth." Of course, no human vocabulary can completely define the Deity. The existence of such a being is awesome and overwhelming to consider. Our only possible course is not attempting to understand God's existence but to simply believe by faith that HE IS. In His own words, "Be still, and know that I am God." "Lean not unto thine own understanding" (Proverbs 3:S). 


Grace Bible Church  (Click Here)



How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)


 Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
cspivey1953@gmail.com


E-mail this BIBLE STUDY to all your friends 







No comments:

Post a Comment