Friday, January 12, 2018

Do I Need To Know the Time and Date? - by Pastor Kevin Sadler


 Do I Need To Know the Time and Date? 
by Pastor Kevin Sadler


“I don’t know the exact time and date I was saved. I’ve been told that I should know this if I’m truly saved. Is this true?”

Knowing your spiritual birthday is not required at all. Whether you know in your heart that you’ve placed your faith in the gospel of grace that Christ died for your sins personally, was buried, and rose again is what is required for your salvation (Ephesians 2:8,9; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4).

 In my own life, I have no clue as to the exact time and date that I was saved. I grew up in a home where the gospel was constantly before me. In my father’s pulpit ministry, his hell-fire sermons scared me to death. I can vividly remember praying in the pew, telling the Lord that I believe. I did this many times. Eventually I stopped, because I knew I was right with the Lord and saved from my sins.

 The idea that you have to know an exact time you were saved doesn’t come from the Bible. It comes from man. Our confidence for our salvation shouldn’t be in a date anyway. Our confidence is in Christ, His Cross, and the Word of God. “The Lord knoweth them that are His” (2 Timothy 2:19), and if you’ve placed your faith in Christ that He died for you and rose again, you are His. Praise the Lord! 


Les Feldick All Day Seminar From Tulsa, Oklahoma 




How God Saves Men

Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.

Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.

ead Acts 16L31 Romans 1:16, and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4





(A 10 Minute Video)­­­

 

Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.spivey      


   

E-mail this BIBLE STDY to all your friends 








 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment