Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Struggle with Satan’s Lies! By – Connie Spivey



My Struggle with Satan’s Lies!

By – Connie Spivey

The Lord saved me at a very young age of 12 years old, I knew I had everlasting life at the moment I believed in Him. There was a couple that was holding Sunday school classes at the little country school where I attended. I was allowed to go the first Sunday my younger sister who was 10 at the time, the school building was full of children from the ages of 10 through 14, I can remember my sister was among the children who left the school house. I notice the school was empty when I had got down to the front of the building. There were 13 children at the front of the building the only one’s left was all down at the front and all the others were gone. I know I was saved in my seat, but we was asked to come down to the front and I went down at the time, not knowing my sister had gone home and had told my mother what had happened. I didn’t expect what was waiting for me when I got home. I was so happy and filled with so much Joy, how could there be anything wrong with that! But, when I got home my mother was anger with me, and she told me I was too young to get saved. That there was no such thing as once saved always saved. As I sat on the bed so confused I couldn’t understand why she had a belt and was going to use the belt on me, I was told I could not go back to the Sunday school class again. I was so hurt, what did I do wrong! I could not seam to eat any lunch. If I had an appetite it was for someone to read the Bible and explain it more plainer to me. I never got to go back to the classes any more. It wasn’t easy growing up in a non-Christian home; my family persecuted me. I soon became discourage and drifted away from what I had saw on that Sunday morning that I had everlasting life, and become filled with doubt and confusion but I never did forget the experience I had that day. I latter went to my Grandmother’s and went to High School, since there was no High School in the country. I always prayed and it seamed God answered my prayers, I knew Jesus was all ways with me just like a friend to whom I could trust with anything I told Him, it seamed that I could always feel His presence with me and it seamed He all ways answered my prayers. I could not read the Bible and understand it, so it made it easier to just look at Him like a friend I did not know just how He lived inside me at the time. I latter moved to a large City and I married, my husband believed a person could loose their Salvation under certain conditions. But after a while he accepted Salvation as being unconditional instead of conditional. I had two small children ages 6 and 9, I was reading my Bible and I had been praying for the Lord to allow me to once again see that I had been given everlasting life like I saw it at the age of 12. The verse John 3:16 seamed to stand out to me as if it was the first time I had read it although, I had memorized it. You can’t imagine the Joy that filled my heart as in my mind I was took back to the time when I was a child and realized I still had everlasting life all that time. I read John 5:24, He that heareth my Word and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Also Colossians 2:12 Buried with Him in Baptism wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, Who hath raised Him from the dead. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles whether we be bond or free and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Ephesians 2:5-6, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ (by Grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I realize as far as God is concerned we are already seated in Heaven since we are put into His Body by the Spirit of God. We just have to wait for our Heavenly Bodies 1 Thessalonians 4:17, For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Arch Angle, and with the trump of God, and the dead in Christ shall rise first, verse 17 Then we which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. All who will read this remember the devil is a deceiver and is a liar from the Beginning, John 8:44. He was the one who stole away my Joy by using my mother; Thank God my husband Cecil and I together won her to the Lord before she passed away. Trying to live up to certain standards to get into Heaven is one of Satan’s lies, I have eternal life and the devil cannot take it away. Read Romans 8:38-39, For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angles, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other Creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Connie (Ashlock) Spivey, 79, went home to be with the Lord on Sunday, July 11, 2010. 

Read more:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=connie-spivepid=144082527#ixzz0uo1L55Y1



How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.

Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
Share this Bible Message with your  friends











No comments:

Post a Comment