Tuesday, April 29, 2014

His Plans are Good -by Anabel Gillham




"For I know the plans that I have for you,"
declares the Lord.
"Plans for good and not for evil
to give you a future and a hope."


           We were sitting on the patio trying to relax after a very frustrating day of house hunting. Our moving had turned into a much bigger event than we had bargained for.  The new job was secure but that's all that was secure in our tired minds. The house we had tentatively planned to purchase had been inspected and found wanting; the house we had for sale back home was still on the market; the realtor was enjoying our company but not showing us any prospective homes as far as we were concerned so Bill, especially, was feeling pretty down. Our hosts were gone for the evening and we were alone for just a while. Bill was trying to put up an "it's okay" front, but inside was wondering if we had made the right decision. He was the "bread-winner", the "decision maker", the "responsible" party, the "man of the house", the husband and the dad, and nothing was going as we had hoped.

           He had his Bible with him and was reading. Suddenly he looked up and said, "God just showed me the answer!" I was eager to hear just what God had told him that could possibly clear up our uncertainty. He said, "Let me read to you." Fine. I needed to hear. Then he read Jeremiah 29:11: Bill and Anabel, I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. "That's for us, Honey! That's what He's doing. We have to believe those words!"

           Well, that was a long, long time ago, and God's Word proved true. Oh, not immediately. We had some pretty harrowing experiences to face that were nestled in between the "plan He had for us"' almost losing our youngest son, five of us crowded into a very small house, serious illnesses, extreme financial frugality, our job security getting shaky' and other "stepping stones." But we began slowly resting, trusting that His promise would come true at His "appointed time."  And what a plan was wrapped up in that promise! A  plan far beyond our wildest dreams, expectations or hope (Ephesians 3:20).

           As His children, as Believers, His words are for us and to us. He promises to care for us. He tells us over and over that His love for us is unwavering and that His plans will come about despite the time lapse and the events that come in the "in-between" times. Was it easy to "endure" the "stepping stones" as I called them" No. They were more like huge, scary boulders with tumultuous water swirling around them. But "retrospect" is a gift from God. We look back and see so clearly that His plans definitely were for "good and not for evil: to give us a future and a hope."

           I know. That isn't always clear for us, but He says, "Anabel, My ways are so much higher than your ways! Higher than the heavens from the earth! You can't possibly understand them. Just trust Me" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

           I have no idea what is going on in your world right now. Mine has some big, scary boulders scattered around complete with the raging waters! But I know 'yes I know' that beyond those boulders I will discover His plan for me. Do the boulders go away? No. But I have learned to trust Him who says to me, "Anabel, I know the plans that I have for you, dear. They are good plans for your future and to give you hope." If you listen carefully, you will hear Him saying the same thing to you.

           Oh dear, dear Lord. I know this, but my emotions zoom right up to the top of the ladder and I find myself feeling totally inadequate and scared.  That's all right, isn't it? My emotions run rampant without a great deal of urging and I AM totally inadequate! But You are not, and You live in me to face these scary "Caution: Boulders Ahead" times for me. Help me to remember this, please, to cling to these words of encouragement from Someone incredibly strong and powerful and who loves me dearly. Then, too, He knows every "baby" step I will be taking.


How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.

Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)

Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
Share this Bible Message with your  friends













 





No comments:

Post a Comment