VOCATION OR VACATION?
By Joel Finck
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4: 1
In today's text, Paul pleads with the saints to "walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called" (Ephesians 4:1). Unfortunately, many believers view the Christian life as more of a "vacation" than a "vocation"! The word "vocation" means our calling. Just as people who have a career often refer to it as their calling or vocation, so the believer in Christ has a calling, or vocation, to live up to.
What is our calling? In Ephesians 1:4, Paul says we were "chosen in him (Christ) before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before him .... " Our calling is a calling to holiness. This is why Paul begins the second section of this epistle with the practical exhortation to walk according to our beliefs. Walking in accordance with our calling includes many things:
1) Walking in unity as the body of Christ- 4:3-16,
2) Walking as a new man in Christ- 4:17-29,
3) Walking according to the Holy Spirit- 4:30-5:20,
4) Walking as a Spirit-filled family- 5:21-6:4,
5) Walking as Spirit-filled servants and masters- 6:5-9,
6) Walking in the whole armor of God - 6:10-17,
7) Walking as ambassadors ofthe mystery- 6:18-20.
As you can see, our calling as Christians affects every area oflife. Can others tell that you are saved by watching your life? It should show in everything you do!
Thank You Lord For Saving My Soul.
How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4
(A 10 Minute Video)
Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
E-mail this BIBLE STUDY to all your friends