Tuesday, September 20, 2016

PATIENT HOPE - By David Havard


PATIENT HOPE
By David Havard



Scripture Reading: I Thessalonians 1:3

If there is one area in which the Holy Spirit has to work  overtime in my life, it is in the area of patience. It is one thing  to hope in my Lord Jesus Christ, but it is quite another to  hope patiently! You see, I have no hope or expectation in this  world system. As Abraham, I acknowledge that I am a  stranger and a pilgrim on earth. My citizenship is in Heaven.  Hope? Yes. Patient hope? Well...

There are days when the cares of this present evil age  press in so hard upon me that I have an impatient hope.  Many times I find it hard to wait for the "glorious appearing  of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). I am  selfish enough to want Him to return right now! I identify  with the Apostle Paul when he says that he would much rather  depart and "be with Christ; which is far better" (Philippians  1:23)! Yet Paul had his personal desires postponed  (Philippians 1:24-26) in order to minister to the saints. He  willingly accepted this as God's will for his life. (Not a bad example!)

I am working on developing a patient hope. I am learning  to view my world through God's perspective. Yes, I still have  days when the Rapture is my deepest desire-to be with Him!  I am also learning something of the longsuffering and patience  of Cud to rebellious mankind (II Peter 3:9). The more I  understand God's plan for the ages, and my small part in it,  the more He enables me to be patient in hope! The more we  understand God's secret purpose in Christ, as revealed  through our Apostle Paul, the more easily we can say, as our'  Lord, "Nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke  22::.;t:2].


Grace Bible Church  (Click Here)

How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
Read Romans 1:16, Romans 10:9-10 and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)


 Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
cspivey1953@gmail.com


E-mail this BIBLE STUDY to all your friends 





















No comments:

Post a Comment