Tuesday, September 13, 2016

THE JOY OF SUFFERING - By Robert E. Hanna



  THE JOY OF SUFFERING 
 By Robert E. Hanna


Scripture Reading: II Corinthians 12:9-10

There are many things impossible to be understood by unregenerate man. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (I Corinthians 2:14). One thing that cannot be conceived of by the human intellect is the fact that it is possible, in the face of pain and suffering, for one to experience joy. Paul wrote to the church at Philippi, "[I] now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for His body's sake, which is the church" (Colossians 1:24).

When the apostle pled with the Lord to have the thorn in his flesh removed and was refused, he reacted saying, "Most gladly therefore will 1 rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore 1 take pleasure in my infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake" (II Corinthians 12:9-10). When preparing to appear before the courts of Jerusalem, Paul wrote of the afflictions to be brought upon him and declared, "But none of these things move me, neither count 1 my life dear unto myself, so that 1 might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which 1 have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24)·

Our apostle passes along his attitude in a statement which is all-inclusive: "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again 1 say, Rejoice" (Philippians 4:4). This advice can only be taken to mean that he exhorts us to be joyful under any and all circumstances: one example of spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).



 Thank You Lord For Saving My Soul.




(A 10 Minute Video)


Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.spivy
 


E-mail this BIBLE UDY to all your friends










-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment