Monday, October 24, 2016

The Nature Of Grace by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam



The Nature Of Grace

by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

To a young Christian who kept bemoaning his failures and lack of spiritual growth, and wondering how God could love him, a more mature believer responded substantially as follows:

“When I leave here and return to my home I will pick up my little baby girl and put her on my knee. Tired as I am, I will dandle her on my knee and, somehow, looking into that darling face and those pretty blue eyes, I will soon feel rested and refreshed.

“This is strange, in a way, for she does not love me. She doesn’t even know what love is.

“She doesn’t appreciate my problems and has no sympathy for me. My heart can be burdened with grief or filled with anxiety, and my mind vexed with difficult problems, but she doesn’t even know or care. She just keeps gurgling and giggling at the attention I lavish upon her.

“She doesn’t contribute one cent toward the needs of our family; indeed, she costs me a great deal of money and will for years to come. Yet I love that child more than I can say. There is no sacrifice I would not make for her; no good thing I would not gladly give her.”

Such is the grace of God toward us, His children. It does not depend upon our faithfulness to Him or our appreciation of His love to us. He loves us with an unspeakable love and keeps lavishing upon us “the riches of His grace” simply because we are His children in Christ, the Beloved One. And strangely, is it not precisely this fact that proves to be our greatest incentive to give ourselves to Him in loving service and




Les Feldick All Day Seminar From Tulsa, Oklahoma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m569ol9hFcg&feature=player_embedded



(A 10 Minute Video)­­­

 
Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
https://www.facebook.com/cecil.spivey      
 

E-mail this BIBLE STDY to all your friends
 







No comments:

Post a Comment