Thursday, October 6, 2016

PRIDE AND PUNISHMENT - By Robert E. Hanna



  PRIDE  AND PUNISHMENT
By Robert E. Hanna


Scripture Reading: Isaiah 14:12-15

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a  Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and  prayed thus with himself, God, I thank Thee, that I am not as  other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this  publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I  possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up  so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast,  saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man  went down to his house justified rather than the other: for  every one that exalteth himself shall be abased, and he that  humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:10-14).

So spoke the Lord Jesus Christ to those who exhibited self righteousness. And thus wrote our Apostle Paul in  warning to those who would do likewise: "He that glorieth, let  him glory in the Lord. For not he that commendeth himself is  approved, but whom the Lord commendeth .... For if a man  think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he  deceiveth himself' (II Corinthians 10:17-18). To God, human  pride is the most despicable of all traits. The severity with  which He deals with the prince of pride himself leaves no  doubt as to the seriousness of this offense.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, 0 Lucifer, son of the  morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst  weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will  ascend into heaven. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God ... Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell."


SO GREAT SALVATION!{Click}





Les Feldick Ministries
30706 W. Lona Valley Rd.
Kinta, OK 74552



Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey


Share this BIBLE  STUDY to all your friends



No comments:

Post a Comment