Sunday, August 14, 2016

THE OMNIPRESENT GOD – By Robert E. Hanna



  THE OMNIPRESENT GOD
 By Robert E. Hanna

Scripture Reading: Jeremiah 23: 23, 24

"Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afaroff? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not seehim? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord." This awesome characteristic of God presents myriad points of consideration seemingly incomprehensible to our poor mortal minds. It is believable only by faith; God says that He is everywhere at all times-thus we know it to be true. There are no half-measures with God. He isn't partly one thing and partly another. We must accept the fact that everything we do or say is done and said in His presence! To the truly spiritual this knowledge is comforting, just as recognition of the constantly indwelling Holy Spirit is conducive to our peace of mind.

To him not securely grounded in the faith, perhaps God's uninterrupted observance of his ever movement may prove disquieting. In either case, He is there and is exercising His will. Nothing will deter Him from accomplishing His determined purpose. To do so, His attribute of omnipresence is an absolute necessity.

Jesus Christ [the Son] assured His disciples, " ... Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20). Of course, we who are the saved in this dispensation of His grace are secure in this knowledge because we know that our condition is the same as that of the Apostle Paul: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me ... " (Galatians 2:20a). The psalmist said it well: "Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, Thou art there: if! make my bed in hell, behold, Thou art there" (Psalm 139:7,8).






Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
cspivey1953@gmail.com
 
Share this Bible Message with your  friends











No comments:

Post a Comment