Tuesday, August 16, 2016

THE SUFFICIENCY OF GOD - By Robert E. Hanna



THE SUFFICIENCY OF GOD
Robert E. Hanna


Scripture Reading: 11 Corinthians 3:5

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom 1 will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower" (Psalms 18:2). Our day-to-day existence consistently demonstrates to us how fragile and vulnerable we are by virtue of our own weakness- both physical and emotional. eries of desperation fill the air constantly, suicides abound, self destruction is a constant ingredient of today's social experience. How sad it is that so few victims of life's discouragements are responsive and/or receptive to the only escape from the bonds of their ineptitude-the source of all strength. Having once accepted by grace through faith the gift of salvation by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, we can confidently declare with the Apostle, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

The Apostle Paul pled with the Lord three times that he might be free of his 'thorn in the flesh'. "For this thing 1 besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee" (II Corinthians 12:8, 9a). Paul's resulting testimony: "When 1 am weak, then am 1 strong" (II Corinthians 12:lOb). We need the sufficiency of God because we are not sufficient in and of ourselves. "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men" (I Corinthians 1:25.

."And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God" (II Corinthians 3 :4,5).


Recovery Of Truth - O'Hair - YouTube



How God Saves Men
Believing Christ DIED, that’s HISTORY.
Believing Christ DIED for YOU SINS and Rose again that’s SALVATION.
ead Acts 16L31 Romans 1:16, and 1. Corinthians 15:1-4


(A 10 Minute Video)


 Posted By Cecil and Connie Spivey
cspivey1953@gmail.com]]

 


E-mail this BIBLE STUDY to all your friends 




















No comments:

Post a Comment